Dhaka, Jan 9 (UNB) – A young laborer died after being electrocuted while working inside a workshop at Mirhazarirbag in the city’s Shampur area on Wednesday.
The deceased was identified as Lutfor Mia, 18, son of Madhu Mia, hailing from Telavita village in Fulchhari upazila of Gaibandha district, and a laborer of Bhai Bhai Metal workshop in the area.
Lutfor came in contact with a live electric connection while producing fire on the workshop’s Holder Bulb in the evening, leaving him severely electrocuted. Later, he was rushed to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) where duty doctor declared him dead.
Confirming the incident, inspector of DMCH Police Camp Bacchu Mia said the body was kept in the hospital’s morgue for autopsy.