Kushtia, May 23 (UNB) - A couple was electrocuted at Amdaha village in Daulatpur upazila on Thursday evening.
The deceased were identified as Arif Hasan, 40, and his wife Nupur Khatun, 32, of the village.
Abu Yusuf Lalu, chairman of local union parishad, said a live electric wire got severed and fell on Arif while he was switching on a fan just before iftar.
As his wife came in his rescue, she was also electrocuted, he said.
Arif’s cousin Abdul Goni, 25, also suffered injuries from electric shock while he was trying to rescue the duo.
The injured was undergoing treatment at Kushtia General Hospital.