National star studded Bashundhara Kings brushed aside Jamalpur Kacharipara Ekadash by 11-0 goals in the Tricotex Women’s Football League at Kamalapur Stadium here on Thursday.
In their last match on Monday, Kings outplayed Cumilla United by 6-0 goals.
In the day’s match, national strikers Sabina and Tohura made hat-tricks scoring four and three goals respectively while Krishna netted two, Sanjida and Nargis scored one each for the winners.
In the day’s other match, Nasrin Sports Academy beat FC Uttar Bango by a solitary goal scored by Aklima in the 46th minute.
Real Madrid says its soccer and basketball teams have been put in quarantine after a basketball play for the club tested positive for the coronavirus.
The Spanish club says the soccer team was also affected because it shares training facilities with the basketball team.
German broadcaster Sky says it will show some Bundesliga soccer games on a free channel after spectators were barred from the stadiums.
Sky will show four league games simultaneously on Saturday on its non-subscription news channel in a "conference" format, with the broadcast switching between each game to show the key action.
That includes Borussia Dortmund's game against Schalke, which is one of Germany's most heated rivalries.
There will be a similar procedure for some second-division games.
Italian soccer club Juventus announced Wednesday that one of its players, defender Daniele Rugani, has tested positive for COVID-19.
Rugani, who also plays for the Italian national team, is the first player in the country's top soccer division to test positive for the disease, which is caused by the new coronavirus.
Juventus, which has won the last eight Serie A titles, announced the result on its website and social media channels.
The club said Rugani and "those who have had contact with him" are being isolated. It also said Rugani is not showing any symptoms of the disease.
Juventus trained earlier on Wednesday, although it was unclear whether Rugani was present. The club had said earlier that forward Cristiano Ronaldo was still in Portugal "pending developments related to the current health emergency" after visiting his mother — who had a stroke last week.
The outbreak of the virus has led to a nationwide lockdown in Italy, where soccer and all other sports have been suspended until April 3. However, Juventus is scheduled to play French club Lyon at home in the Champions League on Tuesday.
Rugani was an unused substitute in the team's last game, at home against Inter Milan last Sunday. That match was played in an empty stadium in line with a government decree before measures became even more strict in Italy.
Shortly after Juventus' announcement, Inter released a statement saying the club had decided to suspend "all competitive activities" until further notice.
It added: "The club is currently taking steps to put all the necessary procedures into place."
That is likely to include self-isolation for all players and staff.
Inter's Europa League game on Thursday against Getafe had already been postponed after the Spanish club said it wouldn't travel to Italy.
Rugani was also on the substitutes' bench for the first leg of the round-of-16 Champions League game against Lyon on Feb. 26. He last started a match against Spal on Feb. 22.
Italy's number of virus cases soared again on Wednesday, to 12,462 infections and 827 deaths — numbers second only to China.
Juventus' under-23 squad recently had to self-quarantine after a member from an opposing team tested positive for the virus. That quarantine ended March 9, with none of the players showing symptoms.
For most people, the new coronavirus causes only mild or moderate symptoms, such as fever and cough. For some, especially older adults and people with existing health problems, it can cause more severe illness, including pneumonia.
The vast majority of people recover from the new virus. According to the WHO, people with mild illness recover in about two weeks. Those with more severe illness may take three to six weeks to recover.
Juventus currently leads Serie A by one point over Lazio as it bids for a ninth straight title
Anfield was rocking. Jurgen Klopp was beating his chest and punching the air. Another famous comeback was on for Liverpool in the Champions League.
One error from their backup goalkeeper saw it all come crashing down for the titleholders on Wednesday.
When Adrian received the ball at his feet seven minutes into extra time, Liverpool had just gone 2-0 ahead on the night and 2-1 up on aggregate against Atletico Madrid in the round of 16. The Reds just needed to keep their composure to see the game through.
Instead, Adrian sidefooted a poor clearance along the ground and straight to Joao Felix, who set up substitute Marcos Llorente to score the crucial away goal that put Liverpool on the back foot for the first time in the second leg.
Further goals from Llorente and Alvaro Morata — two former Real Madrid players — secured a 3-2 win for Atletico and a 4-2 win on aggregate.
"Conceding a goal is part of football and shouldn't have a massive influence," Klopp said of Adrian's error. "But, in this moment, the momentum changed."
The contrast in goalkeepers couldn't have been starker at Anfield.
While Adrian — filling in for injured Brazil international Alisson Becker — proved to be the fall guy for Liverpool, Jan Oblak again showed why he is regarded as one of the world's top 'keepers by producing a series of great saves and blocks to take the game to extra time.
"(Lionel) Messi can win games for you up front," Atletico coach Diego Simeone said through a translator, referring to Barcelona's prolific forward, "but goalkeepers can also win games for you as well. Oblak did that for us."
When Morata sealed progress for Atletico with the team's third goal in stoppage time of extra time, Simeone sprinted down the touchline, spread his arms out wide, and stuck out his chest in front of the celebrating visiting supporters.
His team, languishing in sixth place in La Liga, had just consigned Liverpool to a first loss in a European home game since October 2014 and completed back-to-back victories over a team that has taken the English Premier League by storm this season.
While Liverpool will have to be content with a first English league championship in 30 years - the title could be sealed as early as next week with the Reds 25 points clear - Atletico will continue, somewhat against the odds, its bid for a first Champions League title. It was a runner-up in 2014 and '16, also under Simeone, and again he will rely on Oblak and the team's obdurate defense to take Atletico all the way this season.
Klopp didn't hide his sourness at Atletico's approach over the two legs.
"I don't understand, with the quality they have, the football they play," Klopp said. "They could play proper football but they stand deep and have counterattacks.
"We accept it, of course, but it doesn't feel right tonight."
In the other Champions League match on Wednesday, Paris Saint-Germain beat Borussia Dortmund 2-0 to seal a 3-2 victory on aggregate.
The game in Paris was played in an empty stadium because of the virus outbreak that has played havoc with the world's sporting calendar. But that was not the situation at Anfield, where Atletico fans were allowed to travel despite roughly half of Spain's coronavirus cases — which have surpassed 2,000 — and two-thirds of the country's virus deaths occurring in Madrid.
"Put your hands away you (expletive) idiots," Klopp snapped at some fans wanting a high-five as he walked out of the tunnel to the dugouts before kickoff.
Aside from a couple of men wearing face masks as they walked on the concourse before the match, it felt like business as usual outside Liverpool's iconic stadium.
Inside, too, as Atletico's famed defense put in another resilient display until Georginio Wijnaldum's goal just before halftime that made it 1-1 on aggregate. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain did his best impersonation of teammate and right back Trent Alexander-Arnold by whipping in a brilliant cross from the byline and Wijnaldum was unmarked as he headed downward and into the far corner.
The second half was spent almost entirely in Atletico's half and it felt like a matter of when Liverpool would get its second goal as it attacked the Kop end, which was adorned with banners containing phrases like "Jurgener Believers" and "Liverpool, the cream of Europe."
Andrew Robertson came closest to forcing an aggregate winner when he headed against the crossbar from six yards (meters) out but extra time was needed - though only after a headed goal from Saul Niguez, Atletico's scorer in the first leg, with the last touch of normal time was ruled out for offside.
Another memorable comeback looked on when Roberto Firmino tucked home a rebound, having initially hit the post with a header from Wijnaldum's cross, in the 94th for his first goal at Anfield in any competition this season.
But Adrian's sloppy mistake three minutes later sparked a brilliant recovery of their own from Atletico's players.
Llorente, in his first season at Atletico after a controversial move from fierce local rival Real Madrid in the offseason last year, scored his second on the counterattack in the 105th minute and Morata, another substitute, clinched victory.
It was Liverpool's first loss over two legs in Europe under Klopp, and means Liverpool won't be in a third straight final.
"For two-and-a-half years, we had an exceptional ride in the Champions League. Party after party after party," Klopp said. "But now it's over."
The increasingly bitter dispute between American women's national soccer team and the U.S. Soccer Federation spilled onto the field Wednesday night when players wore their warm-up jerseys inside out in a protest before their 3-1 victory over Japan.
Players filed a gender discrimination suit against the USSF last year, a case scheduled for trial starting May 5 in federal court in Los Angeles. The USSF submitted legal papers this week claiming that the women are less skilled and have less-demanding roles than the men on its national team.
By wearing their jerseys inside out for the national anthems and team photo, players hid the USSF crest on the jerseys but allowed the four stars — one for each World Cup title — to be visible.
"We just decided today as a group, and everybody was on board with it," said forward Carli Lloyd, a two-time FIFA Player of the Year. "And I think it just was a powerful message, without having to really send a message. I'm really proud of this group because this is not an easy thing. Like I said, we don't want to be in this position, but we're here and it's just got to be better."
The victory gave the U.S. the title in the SheBelieves Cup, a prep tournament for this year's Olympics. Late in the second half, USSF president Carlos Cordeiro issued an apology and announced a shakeup to the federation's legal team.
"On behalf of U.S. Soccer, I sincerely apologize for the offense and pain caused by language in this week's court filing, which did not reflect the values of our federation or our tremendous admiration of our women's national team," Cordeiro said in a statement. "Our WNT players are incredibly talented and work tirelessly, as they have demonstrated time and again from their Olympic gold medals to their World Cup titles."
Cordeiro said the USSF asked Latham & Watkins "to join and guide our legal strategy going forward." Seyfarth Shaw had been representing the federation; Latham is the firm where former USSF president Alan Rothenberg is a retired partner.
"I have made it clear to our legal team that even as we debate facts and figures in the course of this case, we must do so with the utmost respect not only for our women's national team players but for all female athletes around the world," Cordeiro said.
Lloyd said she couldn't comment on the apology, but said the team was united.
"I think it's just very unfortunate timing. All of it. Obviously, this is a very, very tough situation that we as players are in, and it's not something that we want to be public about, you know? But at the end of the day, I think that we all stand united as a team," Lloyd said. "I can't comment, I didn't fully read the statement that was put out, yet. I literally just came out a locker room in here. So, I'll take some time to read it. But I think a lot of it has been unacceptable, what's gone on. We just want to continue to keep making things better. We've obviously proven it on the field, and that's ultimately our job first and foremost. But it's our job as well to keep pushing and making things better."
The Coca-Cola Co., a longtime sponsor of the team, issued a statement this week saying it it found legal the arguments "unacceptable and offensive." The team's supporters' group, the American Outlaws, also criticized the federation.
Following the protest, many of the team's fans on Twitter changed their profile pictures to a blank crest with four stars.
In the documents filed Monday, the USSF maintained: "A reasonable juror could conclude that the job of MNT player requires materially different skill and more responsibility than plaintiffs' job does, while also taking place under materially different working conditions."
Molly Levinson, a spokeswoman for the players in the lawsuit, called the assertion sexist.
The women are seeking more than $66 million in damages under the Equal Pay Act and the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and a trial is scheduled for May 5.
Megan Rapinoe, Christen Press and Lindsey Horan scored for the U.S., which extended its unbeaten streak to 31 matches. In the doubleheader opener, Spain defeated England 1-0.
Rapinoe scored on a free kick in the seventh minute, and Press extended the lead with a chip shot from atop the penalty in the 26th minute. Press has scored in nine of 10 games since Vlatko Andonovski replaced Jill Ellis as coach after last year's World Cup title.
After Mana Iwabuchi cut the deficit in 58th minute, Horan scored on a header in the 83rd.