Two people, including a college student, were electrocuted in separate incidents at Atrai and Badalgacchi upazilas on Friday.
The deceased were identified as HSC examinee Sagar Hossen, aged 23, a student of Naogaon Government College who lost his life in Badalgacchi.
Officer-in-Charge of Badalgacchi Police Station Chowdhury Jobayer Hossain said Sagar was electrocuted while setting up a mike in a programme at Kolabazar in the afternoon.
The victim in Atrai was identified as 42-year-old Shahin Khandakar, son of late Mustafizur Rahman.
Officer-in-charge of Atrai Police Station Md Moslem Uddin said Shahin died on the spot after he came into contact with an electric wire of Palli Bidyut in Phulbari village.
Also read: Two electrocuted in Bagerhat