A 25-year-old bus helper was electrocuted in front of the central bus terminal mosque in Barishal on Sunday afternoon.
The deceased Sajal Fakir was the son of Jahangir Fakir of East Maijpara area of Dasar upazila of Madaripur district.
Kamlesh Chandra Halder, officer-in-charge of Barisal Airport Police Station, said that a Sakura Paribahan bus got stuck due to water accumulation at the Central Bus Terminal in Nathullabad.
When Sajal tried to lift the bus with a hydraulic jack, he came in contact with a live electric wire and fell unconscious.
Read: Tiktoker held under DSA for making ‘derogatory remarks’ on PM, police
He was rushed to the Barisal Sher-i Bangla Medical College Hospital where he was declared dead on arrival.
The body was sent to the hospital morgue. A case of unnatural death will be filed in this regard, added the OC.