A 14-year-old madrasa boy was electrocuted while trying to tie the Brazil flag to a tree near his house on Tuesday.
"The accident occurred in Pitambar Bashi village of Panti Union of the upazila.
Read more: Argentine fan electrocuted to death while hanging flag in Laxmipur
"Mithu Sheikh, son of Shahid Sheikh in the area," Md. Mohsin Hossain, officer-in-charge of Kumarkhali police station, said.
Mithu was a student of class nine of Dansa Mahur Ali Dakhil Madrasa.
Read more: Cox's Bazar: Football fan falls to death while hanging Brazil flag
Mithu climbed the tree to hang the Brazilian flag on the top of the betel nut tree around 1:20 pm. At that time, he got electrified and fell from the tree. Locals rescued him and took him to Kushtia General Hospital where doctors declared him dead, added the OC.