Man accused in trafficking of 26 Bangladeshis killed in Libya gets bail
Publish- December 03, 2020, 08:18 PM
UNB NEWS - UNB NEWS
Update- December 03, 2020, 09:54 PM
The High Court (HC) on Thursday granted bail to Parvez Hossain, an accused in a case filed over the trafficking of 26 Bangladeshis killed in Libya on May 28.
The bench of Justice Jahangir Hossain and Justice Md Badruzzaman passed the order.
Deputy Attorney General Dr Md Bashir Ullah, who stood for the state, said that on November 3, the HC issued a rule seeking explanation why Parvez should not get bail as no specific evidence of his involvement in trafficking could not be found.
The state will file an appeal against the bail order, he said.
Parvez remained in jail after he had been shown arrested in a case filed at Paltan Police Station on June 22, Bashir said.
On June 1, Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) arrested the ringleader of a human trafficking gang Kamal Hossain alias Hazi Kamal, 55, from Khilbarirtek of Shahadatpur area in Madaripur city.
Human traffickers killed 30 migrant workers, including 26 Bangladeshis, in Libya in a smuggling warehouse in Mezda, near the city of Gharyan, southwest of Tripoli.
Warlord Haftar’s militiaman Khaled Al-Mishai, who was allegedly responsible for the killings, was killed in a drone strike by the Libyan Air Force.