Two suffer burn injuries in N'ganj AC explosion
Two youths suffered burn injuries and three fell sick inhaling toxic gas due to an explosion in the air conditioner (AC) of a recording studio in Narayanganj's Fatullah Monday. The injured are Baban, son of SM Shamim and Baban's friend Mahin. The explosion occurred from an unknown source at Mark Video Recording at Monday noon, leaving the duo injured, said Shahadat Hossain, an emergency doctor at Narayanhanj's Khanpur hospital. Witnesses said the recording of songs and music videos was going on at the studio on the ground floor of a building since morning. Also read: 4 including three of a family suffer burns in Manikganj gas explosion The air conditioner (AC) of Mark Video Recording suddenly exploded at noon, affecting many people around the building. Three of them fell ill as they inhaled the toxic gas. The injured were rushed to Khanpur hospital. Of them, Baban and Mahin were later shifted to Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery of Dhaka Medical College and Hospital (DMCH) as their condition deteriorated. One of them suffered 30 percent and the other suffered 45 percent burn injuries, said Dr Shahadat Hossain.
Wife arrested for burning sleeping husband to death in Feni
Police arrested a woman on Saturday night for burning her husband to death by pouring boiling water over him as he slept in Feni. The arrestee was identified as Khadija binte Shams Rupa Chowdhury, wife of deceased Kausar Alam Taimur, 55. Taimur, a former cricketer of Feni Friendship Cricket Club and son of Abu Tyeb Chowdhury from Shaheed Selina Parvin Road, succumbed to his burn injuries on Sunday around 12 pm at Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery. Also read: 2 arrested for raping teenager in Gazipur Rupa was arrested after a case was filed at Feni model police station following a complaint received from Taimur’s brother Tanjur Chowdhury, said Nizam Uddin, Officer-in-Charge of Feni model police station. Tanjur Chowdhury said, around 5 am on April 11, Rupa and Taimur were having a fight over a family feud that was long going on between them. “After hearing my brother’s cries we rushed to their room and found him burnt by boiling water. He was first taken to Feni General Hospital then referred to Chattogram Medical College Hospital and later was admitted to Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery with 70 % body burn,” he said. Also read: Daughter, contract killer arrested for murder of mother in Gazipur Taimur’s family claimed he had left a statement in his deathbed signed by him that said, ”I, Kausar Alam Chowdhury consciously said my wife Rupa Chowdhury is involved in this incident. She poured hot water on me while I was sleeping with the intention of killing me." However, accused Rupa denied her involvement in this incident saying someone conspired against her.
Mugda fire: Mother-son duo dies of burn injuries
A woman and her five-year-old child have succumbed to the burn injuries they sustained in a fire caused by cooking gas leakage in their house in city's Mugda on Monday morning. The deceased were identified as Priyanka (32) and her son Arup. While Priyanka, who received 72 percent burns, died of her injuries around 3am on Tuesday, her son with 67 percent burns died around 11pm on Monday, said Dr SM Ayub Hossain of Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery. Also read: 4 of a family burnt in Mugda fire Priyanka’s husband Sudhangshu (35), with 25 percent burns, and 55-year-old mother-in-law, with 35 percent burns, are currently undergoing treatment at the institute of Dhaka Medical College and Hospital. The fire broke out around 7.30am Monday at their ground floor apartment in Matobbor Gali of Mugda. Priyanka’s brother Palash had said that the four family members suffered burn injuries as they lit the stove in the morning unaware of the gas leakage. Also read: Rupganj rice mill fire: Two injured workers die
Indigenous man burnt to death in Khagrachhari, one held
An indigenous man was burnt to death in Ramgarh upazila of Khagrachhari district on Tuesday evening. The deceased is Chaithoai Marma, 60, a resident of Masterpara area of the upazila. Police arrested Arefin Sharif Patwary, 26, son of Abu Ahmed and an employee of Ramgarh Rest House, in this connection. Read:College girl suffers burns as stalker sets her on fire in Manikganj Witnesses said Sharif hit Chaithoai with a brick first and then set fire to his body by pouring petrol in Masterpara area around 7pm. Later, burn injured Chaithoai was rushed to Ramgarh Upazila Health Complex where doctors declared him dead on arrival. Ramgarh Circle Additional Superintendent of Police Md Raihan Uddin Kazemi said Arefin primarily confessed to his involvement in the killing but did not disclose the reason behind the murder. Ansheu Marma, the son of the deceased, said Sharif had also set fire to their house a few days ago and then he lodged a complaint with Ramgarh police station and this might angered Sharif. Meanwhile, Sharif's father Abu Ahmed said his son had been suffering from mental illness for the past few years and was given treatment in different places. Read:Fire breaks out at Banani building; 2 girls dead However, local councilor Ahsan Ullah said Sharif is drug-addict and local people has many complaints against him. A case was filed in this regard, said the ASP.
Mirpur fire: Another victim dies at DMCH
The death toll from the fire incident in the city’s Mirpur area rose to five as another victim died on Wednesday. Renu Begum, 35,who was undergoing treatment at the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College and Hospital, breathed her last around 6:30 am. Renu received 35 percent burn injuries from the fire and was undergoing treatment at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the hospital, said SM Ayub Hossain, resident surgeon of the Hospital. Earlier on August 25,seven people including three women and a child sustained burn injuries when a fire broke out at a building at Pallabi in Mirpur. Also read: 7 suffer burn injuries as building catches fire in city The fire broke out on the ground floor of the six-storey building of Rafiqul Islam when worker Sumon was repairing a gas pipeline around 11:15 pm, leaving seven people injured. Read:College girl suffers burns as stalker sets her on fire in Manikganj Later, they were taken to Dhaka Medical College and Hospital.
11 burnt in Narayanganj gas leak explosion
At least 11 people, including a three-month-old, have sustained burn injuries following a gas leak explosion at a building in Narayanganj's Fatullah. The explosion occurred in a flat on the third floor of the three-storey building in the Paschim Talla area in the early hours of the day as gas leaked from the stove. On information, three units of fire service rushed to the scene, doused the flames and sent the injured to the hospital after rescuing them. Abdullah Al Arefin, deputy director of Narayanganj Fire Service and Civil Defence, said: "Some apparel workers live with their families on the third floor of the building. One of the families forgot to turn off the stove at night, and it caused the rooms to be filled with gas as all windows and doors were closed. Also read: Narayanganj fire victim dies at DMCH "The explosion happened as someone tried to light a stove in the morning," he added. The injured were identified as Habibur Rahman (50), Limon (20), Shathi (20), Mim (20), Mahira (three-month-old), Aleya (50), Sonahar (40), Shanti (32), Samiul (20), and Monowara (22). Another victim remained unidentified. Five of the injured including the three-month-old were sent to Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery for their critical conditions; others were admitted to a local hospital.
9 of a family injured in Chattogram ‘gas line blast’
Nine members of a family sustained burn injuries when a fire broke out at a house following an explosion reportedly from gas pipeline leakage at Uttar Kattoli in Chattogram city early Monday.
Six of a family injured in Sirajganj gas leakage fire
Six members of a family suffered burns after a fire broke out following a leakage in gas cylinder pipe at Dukhiabari village in Sirajganj Sadar Upazila on Sunday night.
Narayanganj burn victim dies at DMCH
A housewife, who sustained severe burn injures in an explosion on Tuesday, died at the Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) on Wednesday night.
Naogaon polytechnic blast victim dies after 21 days
A victim of the explosion at the chemistry lab of Naogaon Polytechnic Institute succumbed to his injuries at the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) early Sunday.