The second round of mega Covid vaccination drive without any registration has been extended by three more days until April 3, said Health Minister Zahid Maleque on Thursday.
The minister made the announcement while handing Health Minister’s National Award 2020 at the city’s Osmani Memorial Auditorium.
“To tackle the Covid-19 situation, so far 13 crore first doses and 11 crore second doses of vaccines have been administered bringing 96% of the targeted population under the campaign,“ said Minister Maleque.
“We still have five crore vaccine doses in stock and have six crore more in pipeline. We have decided to extend the mass vaccination program to bring the remaining people under the campaign,” he said.