India, which is located in south Asia, is a giant country that is home to many different types of landscapes, ranging from snow-capped mountains, numerous hill stations, pristine beaches, verdant forests, coastal beauties to vast plains, all of which bring in a large number of tourists from other countries throughout the year. With the majority of COVID-related entrance restrictions being loosened, tourism businesses all around the nation have begun preparing to open their doors to visitors with the assistance of the government.
Every year, a good number of people from Bangladesh make trips to India for tourism, shopping and other purposes. Therefore, many outdoor enthusiasts want to know the process of getting the tourist visa of India. Stay with us, to know how to apply for an Indian tourist visa from Bangladesh.
Is Application for an India Visa Open Now?
India has now opened up all categories of tourist visas for international travelers. India had earlier resumed regular international flight operations on 27 March 2022. The online Indian visa application allows visitors from 156 eligible countries to apply for a tourist e-Visa.
Documents Required for an Indian Tourist Visa
Under normal circumstances, a tourist visa may only be granted to a citizen of Bangladesh who has a monthly salary that is more than 20,000 Bangladeshi takas. For this reason, the income of either the individual, their spouse, or their parents or guardians, if they have dependents, may be taken into consideration.
Travel Visa Application Requirements for Bangladeshis
Generally, every person must provide a photocopy of the citizenship or residency document, accompanied by an English translation specifying the address in full detail. Another mandatory requirement is to submit a copy of the most recent bill for the power, gas, or landline telephone service.
- Government employees need to submit a letter from either the Head of the Department or a copy of the clearance received from the Government of Bangladesh;
- Employees, working in the private sector, have to provide a letter from the organization giving the details of designation, duration of service, and address of the applicant;
- Self-employed businesspersons should submit a copy of the Registration granted to the Business establishment by the Govt. of Bangladesh;
- Employees, working in the public sector, a letter from the organization giving (if not in English).
Rules for Different Ports
In the event that a change in the Port of departure (hyperlink the sources) is necessary after arriving in India, it may be granted by the following authorities if bona genuine and adequate grounds are provided in support of the request:
- FRROs in Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Amritsar, and Chennai.
- The Assam, Meghalaya, Bihar, Mizoram, and Tripura State Governments, together with the West Bengal State Government.
Alterations to the departure port could be permitted by the authorities mentioned up top provided they adhere to the following recommendations:
- A Bangladeshi citizen who enters the country by airplane is allowed to leave the country via a terminal that is not the same as the one through which they entered or through the Haridaspur International Checkpoint (ICP) on land.
- A Bangladeshi person who is exiting India by air may be permitted, under appropriate circumstances, to exit the country by one of the land ICPs other than Haridaspur. However, the authority that is allowing the move must provide prior notification of the entrance to the ICP.
- If that is not possible, the Bangladeshi national must only travel via the authorized port.
- A Bangladeshi citizen who enters the country via the Haridaspur International Checkpoint (ICP) may be permitted to leave the country through the Kolkata or Delhi Airport.
It is possible that a Bangladeshi professional or businessperson who is sponsored by a well-known chamber of commerce may be granted permission to depart from a land ICP that is distinct from their point of arrival.
Indian Travel Visa Application Fee from Bangladesh
India is taking no charge for granting any type of Visa for Bangladeshi people.
How to Apply for Indian Travel Visa Online
The normal visa application form will need to be filled out and submitted through the internet system by all Bangladeshi nationals in order for them to be considered for a visa. Applicants may get this information by going online to the https://indianvisaonline.gov.in website.
After you have successfully finished filling out the application form, the system will automatically request the following confirmation from you:
Choose the option "Yes" if you want to look for an appointment and make a payment online; choose the option "No" if you just want to print the application form that has been submitted.
If the answer to this question is "No," you are required to take a printout of the completed online application form, which you must then take with you to the appropriate Indian diplomatic post where it must be handed in together with any supporting documentation.
In the event that you respond with 'Yes,' the system will immediately follow the link to carry out the tasks listed below:
- The date and time of the appointment may be chosen at the relevant Indian Mission.
- Calculating the cost of the visa, the service charge, and the value-added tax
After you have scheduled an appointment online, bring your application and all of the relevant papers to either the Indian Visa Application Center or an Indian Mission. Each individual who wishes to apply is required to arrange a separate meeting with the Indian Mission.
So far, we have discussed how to get the Tourist Visa of India from Bangladesh. The process might differe when you are applying from another country. While we currently live in a relatively transparent world, visa and entrance requirements in India are always being updated, just as they are everywhere else in the globe. This website will be updated on a regular basis with any new information on visa requirements and entrance regulations for India. All of the information shown here is derived from the most recent adjustment (on September 17, 2022) that was made to the visa rules of the nation. Happy travelling!