A fire broke out at the old building of the Chattogram Chamber of Commerce at Agrabad in the city on Thursday evening.
The fire broke out around 8:30 pm from an electric short circuit and spread throughout the six-storied building within a few minutes, said Faruq Sikder, assistant director of the Chattogram Fire Service and Civil Defense.
Until writing this report 7 units of the Agrabad and Bandar fire service stations were trying to douse the fire with the help of locals.
Around 9:30 pm the flames were brought somewhat under control, said the fire service official.
So far, no casualties were reported and the amount of damage could not be ascertained immediately, said Faruq Hossain.