Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Tuesday issued a 24-point directive to deputy commissioners (DCs) linking hassle-free services from public offices to removing corruption from the ongoing development programmes.
The prime minister gave the directives while inaugurating the three-day DCs’ Conference-2022 at the Osmani Memorial Auditorium.
She joined the programme virtually from her official residence Ganobhaban.
The directives are:
1. Ensuring implementation of government directives to face coronavirus crisis
2. Ensuring proper implementation and continuation of development and service-oriented activities that have been taken marking the birth centenary of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and observing Mujib Borsho.
3. Ensuring implementation of various programmes that have been taken for ensuring food security and stable market price
4. Ensuring hassle-free services in due time from public offices
5. Expediting activities to attain goals that are fixed under SDGs localisation.
6. Ensuring that the genuine distressed, helpless and deprived marginal people can avail of all social safety-net programmes, including houses for homeless and distribution of agricultural lands among landless people
7. Taking initiatives to improve academic activities in educational institutions. Take initiative for continuation of online classes during COVID-19. Giving special attention to the educational institutions of remote areas
8. Supervising round the clock all community clinics and union health and family welfare centres and creating health awareness among people
9. Ensuring sports and cultural activities and practice of creativeness in every area for flourishing physical and mental of children
10. Taking initiatives to set up new parks and fields apart of preserving existing parks and spirits fields in districts and upazilas
11. Working for creating skilled manpower equipped with high-tech knowledge to take highest facility from the fourth industrial revolution keeping the pace with evolving world
12. Working to ensure safe use of information technology and the internet and taking initiative for containing the misuse of social media and spreading rumours using it.
13. Taking a firm stance against religious extremism and militancy aiming to maintain heritage of Bangladesh’s religious harmony and secularism
14. Continuing zero tolerance policy against drugs for building a drug-free society and maintaining regular anti-drug drives.