Two youths suffered burn injuries and three fell sick inhaling toxic gas due to an explosion in the air conditioner (AC) of a recording studio in Narayanganj's Fatullah Monday.
The injured are Baban, son of SM Shamim and Baban's friend Mahin.
The explosion occurred from an unknown source at Mark Video Recording at Monday noon, leaving the duo injured, said Shahadat Hossain, an emergency doctor at Narayanhanj's Khanpur hospital.
Witnesses said the recording of songs and music videos was going on at the studio on the ground floor of a building since morning.
Also read: 4 including three of a family suffer burns in Manikganj gas explosion
The air conditioner (AC) of Mark Video Recording suddenly exploded at noon, affecting many people around the building. Three of them fell ill as they inhaled the toxic gas.
The injured were rushed to Khanpur hospital. Of them, Baban and Mahin were later shifted to Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery of Dhaka Medical College and Hospital (DMCH) as their condition deteriorated.
One of them suffered 30 percent and the other suffered 45 percent burn injuries, said Dr Shahadat Hossain.